Ingram Pump: Focused on customer service
The Ingram family has been in the pump business in the San Joaquin Valley since the 1920s, after moving from Bolivar, Tenn. William Ingram served with the Army Air Corps in the Pacific Theater during WWII. He and his wife, Elizabeth, then founded the company in 1947 at the Caldwell location, on land originally belonging to Elizabeth’s farming family (the Avery family).
Steve Ingram (son of William and Elizabeth) grew up working alongside his dad. After his father passed in 1981, he took over management of the business. He carried on his father’s motto of “Anything worth doing is worth doing well.” Steve passed tragically in 2004.